Welcome to the 13 day Whitetail OCD Rut-cation Journal
Good Luck Everyone and – Stay Afflicted with Whitetail OCD
- Pressure 29.96 and falling
- SW winds 15 to 20 MPH with gusts to 30 MPH
- Temperature highs in mid 40’s
- Moon waxing Gibbous
- Rise 4:10 PM
- Set: 2:30 AM
- Travel corridors near bedding areas
- Get low in topography because of wind
- Hunting low in corner of the hay field with edge on 3 sides and heavy bedding cover in the timber
- Ladder stand on inside corner of hay field and timber
- Get in stand 1 hour prior to first light (7:22 AM) and sit until mid-afternoon
- I will be unable to hunt the evening today due to family obligations
The second deer was at 2PM Unsure of the number of points as he was way off but a mature deer.
Final deer 1.5-year-old at 2:35 PM crossed hay field and into stand site.
Mature deer on their feet and without a doe means the Seeking and Chasing phase is still on in my little corner of Ohio. Need to capitalize soon because Lock Down is coming.
After witnessing the movement today I am adjusting my strategy. Tuesday’s stand site will be moved to the movement using a Hang and Hunt strategy over a doe decoy in the hay field. Wind will be perfect in my face from the field to the timber but away from the doe bedding area.
More to come tomorrow