This journal will chronicle my Rut-cation and review tactics based on weather and timing to hunt NE Ohio whitetail deer. I look forward to sharing this ongoing story with you.
Good Luck Everyone and – Stay Afflicted with Whitetail OCD
- Pressure 30.03 and rising all day long
- WSW winds 15 MPH
- Temperature highs in low 40’s
- Moon waxing Gibbous
- Rise 4:09 PM
- Set: 2:30 AM
- Decoy in hay field
- Give them what they are looking for
- Hang and hunt with the wind
- Adjusting to mirror movement 10/30
- Mature bucks on their feet in daylight seeking the first estrous doe
- Get in stand 1 hour prior to first light (7:22 AM)
2 bucks today cruising at 8 am and 11 am in the open hay field. I did take an opportunity to hang a new set closer to a doe bedding area where decoying will be a solid tactic.
I am excited about Wednesday’s hunt. I have been waiting for the right wind before crashing into my best spot. I finally have the East wind tomorrow and pressure will still be in the 30’s. Rain in the forecast so the tree umbrella will get a workout.
More to come.